Jaenene has over 25 years of experience in the Human Resource and Payroll Management and Consulting, including the owner of JR Consulting for the last 20 years. Jaenene currently assists companies and has expertise in all aspects of compliance including: human resource audits, safety, benefits, payroll administration, workers’ compensation, policies and procedures.
She consults and trains companies from 1-2,500 employees in various industries, from retail to manufacturing; one of her contracts was with one of the largest garment manufacturers in Los Angeles where she served as “Director of Human Resources” and oversaw over 1,000 employees.
She has also served as an independent consultant for the Small Business Administration and she has extensive experience working with the Department of Labor and Employment Development Department. She also works with many clients in assisting them in responding to government inquires such as EDD, EEOC and DFEH complaints.
Jaenene has extensive experience in regard to areas of Harassment and Discrimination issues. She is currently used as a resource for many clients to resolve basic employee relations issues as well as, consult and if necessary investigate allegations of harassment and discrimination. Jaenene meets the requirements as a “qualified trainer and subject matter expert” for the requirements under AB1825 to train Harassment Prevention.
Jaenene currently consults and trains for other HR Consulting firms including Employers Group, Employer Resource Institute and Business Legal Reports. She also is retained by many of the top law firms in California for various projects including; HR Audits and Employee Relations Counseling and Investigations.
Jaenene has conducted numerous Human Resource Audits for various size companies and various industries including; Restaurant, Retail, Aerospace, Construction, Real Estate, Manufacturing, Healthcare and Corporate Business environments in which the client requested the audit. She has also worked with many clients when audits were requested by a government agency and has been able to successfully assist them in reducing penalties and interest and in several cases eliminating the penalty all together.
Areas of Expertise
- Harassment Prevention
- Basic Safety Compliance
- Interviewing and Hiring Skills
- Handbook Introductions
- Disciplinary Actions and Termination
- Compliance Training
- Leadership Skills
- HR Department Training
- Drug and Alcohol Prevention (ABC certified)
- Food Safety (Servsafe)
- Respect in the Workplace
- Generations in the Workplace
- Recordkeeping and Electronic Recordkeeping
- HR Start Ups/ Creating HR Departments
- HR Audits
- Safety Policies, Handbooks and Injury Illness Prevention Plans
- Employee Handbooks
- Employee Relations and Counseling
- Exempt/ Non- Exempt Analysis
- Employee Relations-Hiring/Firing
- Government Inquiries
- Workers Compensation Claims Management
- Organizational Development
- Certificate in Human Resource Management from California State University at Long Beach, CA
- Professional in Human Resource Designation (PHR), the nationally recognized credential by the Society of Human Resources.
- Certificate in Safety by Common Sense Safety
- American Red Cross – CPR
- Alcohol Beverage Commission Certificate
- Los Angeles County Fire Department Community Emergency Response Team Certificate
She currently works with the City of Claremont Police Department as a volunteer CERT (Community Emergency Response Team Member) and has completed several courses on Safety, Security and Incident Command by FEMA